DECEMBER 10TH, 2022
:
:
:

WE’RE EXCITED TO SEE YOU IN PERSON THIS YEAR!

Come join the fun and run, walk or roll in Wilket Creek Park on the morning of Saturday, December 10, 2022 to support The Gateway Drop-in!

LOCATION

Come join the fun and run, walk or roll in Wilket Creek Park on the morning of Saturday, December 10, 2022 to support The Gateway Drop-in! Use the entrance located at 1132 Leslie Street, Toronto, Ontario (just north of Eglinton Avenue) to access our Athletes’ Village.

Festivities will begin at 9:00 a.m. with opening ceremonies at 9:40 a.m. The 5 K Fun Run and 1 K Elf Walk will start at 10:00 a.m.

What It’s All About…

All funds raised through this year’s Toronto Santa Shuffle will be going directly to The Salvation Army Gateway, a shelter and Drop-in center for individuals experiencing homelessness and marginalization.

Although The Gateway’s programming has been restricted due to COVID-19, we’re still operating 54 shelter beds at 100% capacity and continue to provide 40 take-out meals each day for our local Drop-in community.

The annual operating cost for our Drop-in has increased to approximately $100,000. 75% of these funds are used to provide food for Drop-in guests, and the remaining 25% covers the staffing costs and PPE required to safely provide support to those who need it.

We were able to fully fund our 2022 Drop-in as a result of the money raised through last year’s Toronto Santa Shuffle, and we hope to do the same again for 2023.

Please register now and join us for this year’s in-person event to help us reach our goal!!

To help reduce the risk of COVID – 19 we will be taking the following precautions:

  • Limiting our event registration to 750 participants.
  • Staggering race/walk start times
  • Requesting that face masks be worn in our heated Athletes’ Village Warm – up Tent

Sponsors