Run, Walk or Shuffle between December 5 - 12 anywhere, anytime.
What It's All About...
All funds raised through this year’s 30th Anniversary Toronto Santa Shuffle will be going directly to The Salvation Army Gateway, a shelter and Drop - in centre for individuals experiencing homelessness and marginalization.
The Gateway’s operations have been altered due to the COVID - 19 pandemic, but we are still operating 54 shelter beds at 100% capacity and the meal service portion of the Drop - in program continues to run. We are also currently serving an additional 50 take-out meals per day to our local Drop-in community.
The annual operating cost for the Drop - in is approximately $80,000. 75% of these funds are used to provide food for Drop - in guests, and the remaining 25% covers the staffing costs required to safely operate the program and provide support to those who need it. Our Drop - in space has been closed during the pandemic and we haven’t incurred the same staffing costs, but there have been many additional unexpected expenses (like take-out meal containers, PPE and cleaning supplies) that we’ve had to cover.
We were able to fully fund our 2020 Drop - in program as a result of the money raised through last year’s Toronto Santa Shuffle, and we hope to do the same again for 2021.
Please join us for this year’s virtual event and help us reach our goal!!
Thank you to Our Sponsors!