Rules for the 2023 Santa Shuffle Contest
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
- 1. Eligibility: This contest is open to residents of Canada at the time of entry with the exception of the following: Residents of Quebec, employees of The Salvation Army and The Running Room.
- 2. Agreement to Rules: By participating in the Contests, the entrant (“You”) acknowledges compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification, at the sole discretion of The Salvation Army and The Running Room.
- 3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Saturday, December 2nd, 2023 at 12:00 a.m. EST. All online entries must be received by Tuesday, December 5th, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Winners will be announced on the Santa Shuffle’s Facebook page and emails will be sent to the winners.
- 4. How to Enter: Entrants are required to submit a photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, tagging verified Santa Shuffle accounts, and using the hashtag #SantaShuffleBestDressed. Contest entrants may also enter this contest by sending their photos to . The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in The Salvation Army and The Running Room’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify You from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, illegible, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy the conditions of the Contest Rules are void.
- Contest Prizes: There are a total of 3 prizes available to be won as follows:
- • Best dressed – Individual
- • ONE – first place winner: Fitbit Health & Fitness Smartwatch retail value approximately $160.00 CAD and a $40.00 CAD Running Room gift card
- • Best dressed – Group
- • first place winner: $300.00 CAD in Running Room Gift Cards
- • Best dressed – Pet
- •ONE – first place winner: Fitbit Health & Fitness Smartwatch retail value approximately $160.00 CAD and a $40.00 CAD Running Room gift card
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion of a prize cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions, or special offers. The Salvation Army and The Running Room reserve the right to substitute an alternate prize if an advertised prize is unavailable at the time of award.
- • Best dressed – Individual
- 6. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contests End Date.
- 7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected based on the most votes submitted by the public. Winners will be notified within five (5) business days following the end of the Contests and contacted using the email address provided at the time of entry into the Contests. Up to three attempts will be made to contact Winners within five (5) business days following the end of the Contests. The Salvation Army and The Running Room shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) business days from the time award notification was sent, or if Winner fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner selected. Any violation of these official rules by Winner (at The Salvation Army and The Running Room’s sole discretion) will result in Winner’s disqualification of the contest, and all privileges as Winner will be immediately terminated.
- 8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that The Salvation Army and The Running Room, their licensees, successors, agents, employees, officers and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- 9. Other Conditions: The Salvation Army and The Running Room reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, The Salvation Army and The Running Room reserve the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
- 10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless The Salvation Army and The Running Room, their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the promotion or the processing of entries.
- 11. Law: The Contests are void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws. The Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contests rules, rights and obligations between entrants and The Salvation Army and The Running Room, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
- 12. Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by The Salvation Army and The Running Room and where applicable any sponsors of the Contests. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of The Salvation Army and The Running Room or any sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of The Salvation Army and The Running room is strictly prohibited.
- 13. Rule Amendments: The Salvation Army and The Running Room reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to amend or modify the Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend the Contests, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever.
© The Santa Shuffle 2023. All Rights Reserved.