December 2, 2017 get ready to walk and run along the Rideau Canal. We are back at Lansdowne Park in the Horticulture Building!
Encourage your friends, family, and run buddies of all ages to team up and get your fun Christmas costumes on and start raising pledges.
Nov. 30 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and December 1st 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Pick up your race bib, t-shirt and drop off pledges at The Running Room 901 Bank Street store and check out the latest run gear.
December 2nd: The 1 km Elf will walk begins at Lansdowne Park and proceeds along the Rideau Canal at 10 am. The run begins at 10:30 am along the Rideau Canal to Crescent Street and back to the start line.
Activities on site: Join us on the patio at Jack Astor’s for a warm breakfast bowl, until quantities last. Other activities on site; Elf stretches with our mascots and fitness leaders, elf yourself makeup station and get your photos with Santa and your favourite superheroes. Plus there will be more exciting on site prizes, giveaways and fun on the day of the Santa Shuffle!
Take some tips from us and focus on $50:
- Invite your coworkers, friends and family to contribute to your teams fundraising page that you set up on line
- Change your voicemail and email signature to promote your fundraising efforts
- Host a dinner party and collect spare change for dessert
- Bake some goodies and ask for donations for your fundraising efforts
- Be sure to follow us on facebook.com/SalvationArmyOttawa and on Twitter @Salvation_Army. In your tweets include #SantaShuffleOttawa.
- Pledge forms can be downloaded from the Santa Shuffle website at: here
How $50 will make a difference at Bethany Hope Centre for young parents in Ottawa:
- 8 families will be provided with 4L of milk for a week
- 20 children will eat a hot meal provided by Bethany Hope Centre
- We will purchase 18 cans of concentrate liquid formula for an infant
- 200 diapers will be purchased and distributed
- 5 school aged children will get a week’s worth of homemade lunches to take home
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Invite your family, friends and co-workers to come out on December 2, 2017, in support of The Salvation Army in Ottawa. Together, we are fighting poverty and restoring dignity...one step at a time.