Lansdowne Park 1 km and 5 km along the Rideau Canal
10:00 a.m. for the 1 km, followed by the 5 km at 10:30 a.m.
Registration opens at 8:30 a.m. Lansdowne Park located in the Horticulture Building. Pledges will be collected and t-shirts will be distributed.
- Breakfast provided before the 10 km by Jack Astor’s (until quantities last)
- Photo opportunities with Santa, Princesses and Superhero’s
- New this year! Top online fundraising team prizes
- Top finishers will win prizes!
- November 23rd join The Running Room and Jason Dunkerley Canadian middle distance runner and Paralympian veteran for a run clinic at 6 pm followed by a social night with Phil Marsh from The Running Room and Jason who will be recounting his experience at this year’s Rio Paralympian at Jack Astor’s Lansdowne location
- Goodlife Fitness warm up
- Participants will be given the opportunity to enter Investor’s Group’s national draw to win a cash prize of $10,000. The draw will take place January 2017.
NEW THIS YEAR
- Registered individuals, families and group teams can create a fundraising profile and set a goals on-line.
- Friends and family can donate directly to your fundraising goal and leave encouraging messages.
- Cheerleaders and friends of The Salvation Army will keep you pumped as runners and walkers alike take to the roadways for 5K of fun!
- For the little ones and their families, join Santa as he kick-starts the festivities for the 1 km Elf Walk.
- Remember – this is strictly a FUN RUN/WALK, there will be no time chips.
JOIN THE FOCUS ON $50 CLUB FOR YOUR CHANCE AT GREAT PRIZES
For every $50 raised you increase your chances to win a t-shirt. Raise $100 - $249 Receive a shirt and Running Room Gift Certificate. $250 - $499 Receive a $25 Gift Certificate and a shirt. $500- $999 Receive a $50 Running Room Gift Certificate and a shirt.
WHAT DOES FOCUS ON $50 MEAN?
At the Bethany Hope Centre, $50 will:
- provide 8 families with 4L of milk for a week
- allows us to provide a hot meal to 20 children
- buys 18 cans of concentrate liquid formula for an infant
- buys 200 diapers
- buys 3 pairs of gym shoes for school aged children